Before photoshoot – what you should…
I always tell my clients, planning a photoshoot can take weeks, even months to prepare. The more time you give yourself, the less stressed and better shape you will be on the shooting day. Please check the information below.
THINGS TO DO BEFORE SESSION
1. Spend 5 minutes every day in front of the mirror. Practice smiling, practice intense look, practice every expression you see in magazines. Do it until you know what your face feels like in each expression so you can do it without the mirror and nail the right expression.
2. Everything that goes in your mouth – food and drink – affects your skin, your teeth, your hair, your weight, your whole body. Use your head and eat things as close to their natural source as you possible can (fresh fruits & veggies, whole grains, etc.) avoid processed foods. Two general rules of thumb: more packaging = more processing (and less nutrition) and the longer the ingredient list, the less you should eat it.
3. Think in advance what kind of session will suits you more, where you feel comfortable and relaxed. Search the internet to find your ideas.
THINGS TO DO A WEEK BEFORE SESSION
1. Check Model Release if you haven’t seen any so far. Download standard model release here. If You have any questions we will have time to discuss/change.
2. We should discuss the plan/location of the session. As soon as we will know where we are with the session we can discuss what to bring accessories etc. As far as I know, even very well planned session always has some ideas during shoots that’s why is good to bring along as many accessories as possible.
3. Don’t start using any new makeup or skincare products, they could lead to a breakout.
4. If you wax, wax your face, upper lip, eyebrows, etc.do it about one week prior to the shoot to allow any redness and swelling to subside.
5. Avoid sun (if it is possible in the UK) it dries your skin and leaves tan-lines.
6. Don’t try a new haircut, hair colours, facial treatment – if you wouldn’t like it you may not have enough time to fix the problem!
7. Avoid certain of foods which can lead to bloating.
THINGS TO REMEMBER DAY BEFORE
1. Don’t forget about a manicure and pedicure the day before.
2. Remove hair from underarms and legs. Don’t forget your bikini line if you are going to be in swimwear! Don’t wax this close to the shoot, it can leave the areas red.
3. Exfoliate and moisturise your whole body.
4. If you are using self-tanner, do it after you shave and exfoliate or you’ll just scrub it off. Try to do this in the morning so that any mistakes will be only visible by the evening. This should not be your first time using a product, only use self-tanner the day before a shoot if you are experienced with it and know it will look natural.
5. Remove any watches, rings, or other jewellery that could leave an impression on your skin.
6. Avoid greasy, spicy, and salty food.
7. Get a good night of sleep, at least 8 hours. You’ll feel better, look well-rested, and have more energy.
8. Charge your phone and make sure the contact info to us is saved in it. Ensure you have a map and/or directions to the shoot location.
9. Try not to schedule any activities today, just relax and rest your nerves if you are anxious about the shoot.
1. Bring chapstick and Oil Blotting sheets can do wonders if your face starts to look oily during a shoot.
2. Steam or iron your outfit(s), you’ll look polished and you won’t have to worry about a wrinkled outfit taking away from your big, beautiful smile!
3. Discussed the outfit changes with the photographer, plus one or two extra in case you make a last-minute change.
4. Bring accessories you can easily pop on and off like hats, jackets, scarves, etc. to help mix-up your looks without having to take the time to change the entire outfit.